Art in DUMBO has announced that DUMBO’s First Thursday Gallery Walk will take place on February 2, 2023, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Highlights from December’s Gallery Walk include group exhibition Orderly Chaos at the New York Studio School DUMBO Project Space; and Light Year digital projections from 7:30 to 10:00 p.m. on the Manhattan Bridge.
An Insider’s Tour is available free and open to the public from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m., led by Joyce Siegel, the founder of Joyce’s Art Walk, a series of intimate gallery tours that she leads throughout New York City. Registration is required.
This month’s tour will visit and hear from experts at the following exhibitions:
- A.I.R. Gallery – d’Ann de Simone textilis mnēmosynēy and Friend of the Artist
- Smack Mellon – Emily Clayton Hydra and Tomi Faison First As Tragedy, Then As LARP
- Janet Borden, Inc. – Alfred Leslie
- Minus Space – Cris Gianakos: Works on Mylar 1983-1989
- Time Out Market, Empire Stores – Zeph Farmby cityscape mural unveiling
On the first Thursday of every month, DUMBO’s galleries stay open late for a night of art, gallery openings, artist talks, and live performance. Visitors enjoy incredible views of the East River and the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges as they walk along the waterfront from one gallery to the next and can enjoy local drink specials at DUMBO stalwart Superfine. Free and open to the public.