The best of New York City’s artistic talent will be on display from Thursday, October 17th through Saturday, October 19th, 2019 during the 16th Annual Garment District Arts Festival.
During the three-day district-wide celebration, New Yorkers and tourists are invited to experience behind-the-scenes visits to artists’ studios, enjoy public performances, and discover unique art installations throughout the Garment District.
The festival is presented by the Garment District Alliance. Highlights include:
- Festival Kick-Off Reception hosted by ZAZ10TS with a tour by exhibition curator Ya’ara Keydar; 10/17, 6-8pm at 10 Times Square (1441 Broadway); In addition to the opening celebration, throughout the festival the group will also present several installations, artist talks and more.
- Open Studios throughout the neighborhood, which will offer an opportunity to meet NYC artists in their own studios.
- Unique art installations in local venues.
- Access to various galleries and exhibits.
- Special performances and events, including EFA Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop, ZAZ10TS “New York Fashion Rediscovered” curator talk, and more.
Image above, Fanny Allié, on our list to visit at the EFA Project, in Studio 701.
The Elizabeth Foundation (EFA Project) space will open its doors from floors 3-10, with the following participating artists: Samira Abbassy | Clytie Alexander | Fanny Allié | Noel W. Anderson | Shimon Attie | Keren Benbenisty | Wafaa Bilal | Rhona Bitner | Martha Burgess | Mattia Casalegno | Jordan Casteel | Patty Cateura | Cecile Chong | Elizabeth Colomba | Vicky Colombet | Sarah Dineen | Michael Eade | Sally Egbert | Jonathan Ehrenberg | Cui Fei | Del Geist | Alex Gingrow | Mahmoud Hamadani | Valerie Hegarty | Pablo Helguera | Amy Hill | Adam Hurwitz | Akira Ikezoe | Edgar Jerins | Richard Jochum | Sophie Kahn | Tamiko Kawata | Arghavan Khosravi | Justin Kim | Yongjae Kim | Greg Kwiatek | Doron Langberg | Sarah Leahy | Patricia Leighton | Dana Levy | Patte Loper | Katinka Mann | Jeanette May | Park McArthur | Cheryl Molnar | Amy Myers | Morgan O’Hara | Thomas Pihl | Shahpour Pouyan | Simonette Quamina | Armita Raafat | Maria D. Rapicavoli | Javier Romero | Heather Bause Rubinstein | Alex Schweder | Karina Skvirsky | Howard Smith | Suzanne Song | Xin Song | Steed Taylor | Dannielle Tegeder | Scott Teplin | Liselot van der Heijden | Carlos Vega | Marjorie Welish | Saya Woolfalk
Check the Garment District Alliance Website for Arts Festival Map, Open Studios, Exhibitions, Receptions, Performances and Public Installations.