Yes, Gem Spa is currently holding a second online auction online now through January 28th at 11:59pm.
* One of the ICONIC GEM SPA SIGNS
* GATE from the St. Marks side
by renowned artist @PaulKostabi
whose work is in the permanent
collection of @whitneymuseum &
* EGGCREAM STATION (Includes 5 Syrup Pumps)
* SCHITIBANK BANNER SIGN from the Art Installation against gentrification by @dcx.nyc as part of the @savenyc.nycEvent organized by JEREMIAH MOSS @vanishingny
* VINTAGE YELLOW AWNING
HERE IS WHAT SOLD IN THE LAST AUCTION:
* One of the GEM SPA SIGNS
* EGGCREAM SIGN that appeared
between the 2 GEM SPA SIGNS
above the awning
* MENU SIGN that was to the right
of the store entrance on 2nd Ave.
* VINTAGE SIGN that was hidden
behind the magazine display above
the window on the 2nd Ave. side of
the store & appeared in the
@benaffleck movie “200 Cigarettes”
with @courtneylove walking out of
the store with a carton of cigarettes!
“Due to COVID-19, we were sadly forced to close like so many beloved NYC businesses. With this auction, we are parting with the last remnants of our store and we hope that these items will find a new home with someone who loves old New York and wants to preserve a piece of history from an iconic NYC Institution.”
Read about Gem Spa on Off the Grid, a Village preservation blog.