This week, we’re Looking Back in Harlem. The above photo is Lenox Avenue, at the North East corner of 120th Street. It was taken on July 28, 1932 by P.L. Sperr, Photographer, via NYPL Digital Collection. Today, Barawine occupies that corner spot.
The photo featured above is of Lenox Avenue, between 119th-120th Streets, on the West side of the street. The photo was taken in 1932 by P.L. Sperr, Photographer via NYPL Digital Collection. On the corner of 120th Street stands the beautiful 199 Lenox Avenue, minus the dome. The streetscape is now home to Harlem Animal Hospital, NiLu Gift Shop, Il Caffe Latte, Uptown Cellars Liquor Shop, ending with the old Indigo Arms on the corner of 119th Street, out of the view of this photo.