The fun and family-friendly LuminoCity Festival will be returning to Randall’s Island from November 27, 2020 to January 10, 2021. LuminoCity is one of the few large-scale events happening this holiday season ~ all outdoors and easy to socially distance.
- Lumi’s Journey:
- The main park will include a 30-45 minute walking, narrative journey through five, new, distinct sets – Mysterious Forest, Dangerous Dunes, Forgotten Ruins, Hidden Land of Hria, and Mystical Moon Land.
- These sections bring to life chapters of an original story starring Lumi, a magical light bulb and the host of the festival.
- “Pop Culture” area: visitors will encounter 12 light sculptures of famous cat & dog influencers – including @smoothiethecat – reimagined as the 12 zodiac constellations.
- The Mini Gallery introduces the history and culture behind lantern-making traditions that inspired the origin of LuminoCity, as well as a behind the scenes look at the light construction.
- The Lumi Gift Shop will offer an array of merchandise such as the brand new, limited edition Lumi Night Light.
- Food trucks will be on-site and lined up to offer warm treats.
- A glistening 26ft. tall Christmas Tree, decked with bulbs will be at the end of the park- a perfect backdrop for holiday photos and Instagram posts.
- General Admission – $38
- GA+ Light the Night – $68 – Includes express check-in for faster entry, a complimentary Lumi Night Light, and 15% off at the LuminoCity Festival gift shop (on-site only)
- Kids (ages 3-12) – $22 – Children under 3 are free
- Student – $32 – Any student ID from an academic institution is valid
- Senior – $32 – Must have valid ID upon admission
Due to recent increased COVID restrictions in NYC, LuminoCity has decided to cancel the shuttle bus service to Randall’s Island Park. Visitors can still arrive via ride share, taxi, car, and pedestrian & bike pathways from Manhattan, the Bronx and Queens, and there is a Citi Bike docking station near the entrance of the festival. Please visit https://www.
Super Early Bird tickets are now on sale. Visitors can use the code LUMISEB25 to save 25%. This limited time offer will only last for the first 500 tickets.