Get ready for the annual Solstice Soul Train, Friday, December 21st from 4-6pm!
Make Music NY Winter is returning to Harlem for its second year running! MMNY is NYC’s free, outdoor music-making celebration featuring participatory parades representing a variety of cultures and genres. All parades take place on December 21, the Winter Solstice and the longest night of the year.
The Harlem version will be SOLSTICE SOUL TRAIN, a funky after-work, after-school music line with fun stops for the whole family along East 125th Street from Fifth to Lexington avenues.
SOLSTICE SOUL TRAIN will include:
– LIVE MUSIC and MARCHING BANDS along the East 125th Street corridor.
– VY HIGGINSEN’S GOSPEL FOR TEENS and THE SOUND OF VICTORY CHOIR at the 125th & Park tree.
– A HOLIDAY MARKET at the Caribbean Cultural Center.
– SANTA & FREE GLOW JEWELRY at the Second Avenue Subway Community Information Center.
– SHINE-IN-THE-DARK ART with LadyKFever.
– FREE HOLIDAY PIES when you support our local small businesses! Visit three of our small businesses during Solstice Soul Train, and get your Solstice Soul Train card punched at each store. Once you’ve gotten three stars, head to our community plaza under the tracks at 125th Street & Park Avenue and collect your free holiday pie baked by the Harlem Pie Man! Pies are provided thanks to Potamkin Automotive and are while supplies last